?

Log in

No account? Create an account

It came upon a midnight clear

Dec. 18th, 2008 | 02:25 am

I suddenly recalled a memory from my childhood around Christmas time, prompted by the words of "It came upon a midnight clear"...

I can't recall my exact age, but I think I was about eight.
My family had just parked outside of my Grandma's house, and we were getting presents and things from inside the car.

I remember: It was a cold cold night. The streets were silent, like the silence that comes during a light midnight snow fall - yet the sky was absolutely clear. I looked up into the black jewel laden sky and just stood there, mesmerized. I couldn't believe how silent and still everything was, and how brightly the stars shone against the black velvet backdrop. It was beautiful.

I was filled with so much awe and wonder. And for a moment, the bitter cold didn't seem as cold.

I was called to come into the house. I stared up at the sky a moment longer, not wanting to leave, before reluctantly going into the warm house filled with holiday cheer.

Link | Leave a comment {2} | Share

something to think about...

Dec. 15th, 2008 | 05:02 pm

Link | Leave a comment {2} | Share

lalalala

Dec. 9th, 2008 | 01:44 am

peanut butter and chocolate is tasty!

i feel happy!

i wanna put i'm my holiday tree, but i'm not sure the best place for it.
hmmmm.
ooh! i have an idea! i'm going to see if it'll work...

Link | Leave a comment | Share

That Time of Year

Oct. 15th, 2008 | 02:31 am

That time of year thou mayst in me behold
When yellow leaves, or none, or few, do hang
Upon those boughs which shake against the cold,
Bare ruin'd choirs, where late the sweet birds sang.
In me thou seest the twilight of such day
As after sunset fadeth in the west,
Which by and by black night doth take away,
Death's second self, that seals up all in rest.
In me thou see'st the glowing of such fire
That on the ashes of his youth doth lie,
As the death-bed whereon it must expire
Consumed with that which it was nourish'd by.
This thou perceivest, which makes thy love more strong,
To love that well which thou must leave ere long.

Link | Leave a comment | Share

the greatest thing you'll ever learn...

Sep. 15th, 2008 | 04:45 am

... is just to love
and be loved in return.


this message has been brought to you by:
truth, beauty, freedom
but above all else...

love.

Link | Leave a comment | Share

joy

Sep. 14th, 2008 | 03:07 am

i walked around a fair bit tonight.

i simply love walking, especially by myself.
seriously.
it is so good for my soul... it energizes my spirit and i feel alive and joyful and happy and excited about life.

i am in perpetual amazement of the universe and what it means to be conscious and alive.

Link | Leave a comment {1} | Share

i wonder if there's a link...

Sep. 10th, 2008 | 01:50 am

approximately 90% of the mass of the universe is accounted for by dark matter/energy, meaning the observable universe only accounts for 10% of this mass.

humans typically use approximately 10% of their brain, while the other 90% seems not to be used.

i wonder if, somehow, there's a link...

Link | Leave a comment | Share

geek trivia

Sep. 8th, 2008 | 04:31 pm

42 years ago today marks the date that Star Trek premiered.

wow.

Link | Leave a comment | Share

Google enters the Browser war

Sep. 2nd, 2008 | 02:19 am

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1837914,00.html

Link | Leave a comment | Share

I am the butterfly.

Aug. 26th, 2008 | 10:08 pm

It was beautiful outside today, blue blue skies with a strong warm summer's breeze.
It's nice to be back.

It feels like a new beginning.
the beginning of what exactly, I'm not yet quite sure.
But I know how I feel:

I feel confident.
I feel powerful.
I feel ambitious.
I feel excited.
I feel limitless.
I feel contemplative.
(very contemplative.)
I feel creative.
I feel strong.
I feel courageous.

I want to bring change into the world.
Not just my world - but other people's worlds.
We each live in our own little world.
And I want our worlds to collide.
I want to be that big splash that creates ripples and waves and affects so many.
I want to be that butterfly that has a great effect.

I am the butterfly.
Breaking out of my cocoon.

Just watch me fly.

Link | Leave a comment {1} | Share